10 Steps to Increase Computer Performance and Security
10 Steps to Increase Computer Performance and Security – Many users who experience Slow Computer or Slow Internet because of computer-related infections. While there is no way to guarantee a 100% secure computer, there are ways to significantly improve your computer security and its performance:
1. Enable Windows firewall.
2. Keep your Windows updated with security patches and service packs.
3. Install Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware and keep them updated. Why use Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware?
4. Install a comprehensive malware protection program and keep it updated.
5. Delete all emails from unknown senders without opening them. If you are not sure and you want to open an email from an unknown sender, never open the attachment or the link in the email.
6. Avoid opening an email attachment from someone you know, unless you know exactly what the attachment is. The sender may be unaware that it contains a virus.
7. Never click on links from unknown websites or pop-ups.
8. Keep your applications updated with the current patches.
9. Keep the drivers for your hardware updated.10. Uninstall unused files, programs and temporary folders.
For help with your computer performance call (866) 745-0980